Aspiring Musicians Award
Enabling up-and-coming musicians to play on professional instruments.
At Simply for Strings, we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to experience the gift of music. The Simply for Strings Aspiring Musicians award encourages and fosters musical passion and potential in young Australian violinists.
It is an opportunity for young musicians to play and perform on professional quality European instruments.APPLY NOW
In 2019, we have two violins to award to suitable candidates.
3/4 SIZE LUDOVICUS RICOZALI COPY. EARLY 1900.
Handcrafted in Europe with intermediate quality maple, spruce & ebony. Includes hardcase, Paesold #58 violin bow, Bernadel rosin, cleaning cloth and luggage tag.
Valued at approx. $3,000
4/4 SIZE FRENCH VIOLIN. LATE 1800/EARLY 1900.
Handcrafted in Europe with high quality maple, spruce & ebony. Includes Gewa violin case, W.Dorfler violin bow, Bernadel rosin, cleaning cloth and luggage tag.
Valued at approx. $6,500
These beautiful instruments have been fully restored by head luthier Adrian Petrino. Recipients of The Simply for Strings Aspiring Musicians award will be loaned an instrument for the 2019 school year.
- Violin Only
- AMEB or equivalent grade 5+
- Primary or Highschool student
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the award you must complete the online application form.
Within this form you will be required to:
1. Answer a range of questions relating to your music experience
2. Upload a video of you playing your instrument
3. Submit a referral from your current music teacher
- Based on the written & video application, Simply for Strings will use three criteria to select the award recipients:
TERMS OF THE AWARD
- Any damage that needs to be repaired during the course of having the award instrument is incurred by the recipient, returned to us in condition it was lent
- 3, 6 and 9 months services and check-ins with the player
- Signed agreement for recipient to be included in marketing and promotional materials.
- Submissions will close on the 30/1/19.
- Following this, two candidates will be chosen to receive one of the instruments each for the 2019 school year.
- The successful applicants will firstly be contacted privately by Simply for Strings, and then will be announced to everyone in February 2019.
- The award recipients will receive their instrument in early February 2019.
Simply fill in the form below and one of our expert customer service gurus will get back to you!