Graded String Orchestra Repertoire for the QLD curriculum
Find the perfect fit for your string orchestra...
The Simply for Strings Education team and four Education Queensland Instrumental Music String teachers have assessed hundreds of string orchestra pieces, to align them with the Education Queensland curriculum levels.
These documents outline the concepts covered in the pieces and can be used by any string teacher in Australia.
These documents are available for use for teachers Australia-wide.
Click the level links below to access the PDF guide.
Updated as of May 2020!
|Level 1→||Level 6→|
|Level 2→||Level 7→|
|Level 3→||Level 8→|
|Level 4→||Level 9→|
|Level 5→||Level 10→|
Please contact us if you have any issues accessing the above documents.
With the new Education Queensland Instrumental Music curriculum launched in 2017, Queensland has seen a sweep into a positive direction to align teaching and learning standards across the state. To help with this change, Teegan has seen the need to support teachers in the changeover process from a resource, information and access perspective.
- Make you feel empowered and nurtured - teaching on your own in a school can be lonely at times, and it is always nice to know that someone is 'in your corner'.
- Help you through our understanding - we understand there is enough of a workload on teachers (particularly with the recent QTU work to rule) without the need to dissect string orchestra scores on your own for hours on end.
- Help you have quick and reliable access to which string orchestra works you require and find exactly what you need for each curriculum level.
- Help our rural and regional teachers through easy access from home or school from your laptop.
- Be used for programmes where teaching occurs across violin, viola, cello and double bass in the one class.
- Help teachers with small programmes to produce quality music performance and student learning with a small amount of time.
- Be used as part of the literacy, technique and performance components of assessment from ensemble repertoire.
- Help any strings teacher (not only the DET in Queensland) across the country who may wish to refer to these documents and build their programmes using the concepts and KLAs of the EQ IM curriculum.